Easterner Asks: Change to letter grade

How do you feel about EWU's change to the letter-grade system?

By Matt Pennell, Social Media Editor

Pieter Sobbfo, Junior

“Honestly it’s just weird for me. I spent like three years here with the 4.0 system, but it’s just a matter of adjusting I guess. For habits sake I would like to go back.”

Kennedy Lentini, Sophomore

“It’s mixed I guess. I think it makes it easier to get good grades and easier to get worse grades I feel. So, I guess it is kind of split. My classes this quarter are pretty easy so I don’t think it will have an effect.”

Nate Delo, Senior

Ruth Engeda, Freshman

“I think it’s better, because I think it works more efficiently having the letters, and it might be more motivational for students just seeing that compared to the numbers, especially for freshmen because we are used to letters.”

Raishad Woodiest, Freshman

“I personally like the letter grade better than what it was. I like seeing the letter rather than, oh I have to get to a certain number. It is an easier transition from high school.”

Jacob Brod, Senior

“I don’t really think it matters honestly. 3.0, 4.0, A’s, B’s I don’t really know the difference, but I’m not really educated enough on the topic to know if there’s any bad things that can come from the system at all. I don’t really know how much could change personally.”

Matt Pennell, Social Media Editor

Matt Pennell is The Easterner’s Social Media Manager. Pennell is a transfer student from Grand Canyon University where he used to play Lacrosse. He studies Visual Communication Design and wants to start a design company. This is his first year at The Easterner. He enjoys snowboarding, fishing, surfing, and photography.