Easterner Asks

What are you looking forward to the most/least about 2018 and why?

By Richard N. Clark IV, Social Media Director

Noah Brown, Sophomore:

“I am going to move out of my parents house by the end of the quarter, and I am really looking forward to that.”

Mark Wilson, Freshman:

“I am looking forward to rushing Phi Delta Theta. In my opinion they don’t fit the typical stereotype of a fraternity. I feel like I blend in perfectly with the culture and my favorite thing is that they have higher GPA requirements that make me feel like I can do better.”

Mack Booie, Freshman:

“I am just looking forward to making 2018 a way better year than 2017 was. It had its ups and downs, so I’m looking for a lot of ups this year. I’m sure that there will be some downs, too, but I am just ready to own it, ready to make 2018 great.”

Victoria Taroudaki, Mathematics Professor:

“I am the least excited about the rest of the winter. It’s going to be too long. I just want it to be a better year than last.[/pullquote]

Jennifer Cleveland, Senior:

“Graduating this spring, I am majoring in Geology and am getting my GSI certification also, so hopefully I will get a state or federal job making maps.”

Savannah Thompson, Freshman:

“I am looking forward to rushing this quarter. I’m just really excited to meet new girlfriends and get to know more of the community since I am from the West side. I’m the least excited about all of the finals and homework that I’ll have this quarter.”

Richard N. Clark IV, Multimedia Director

Richard N. Clark IV is The Easterner’s Multimedia Director. Clark, a junior studying political science and journalism, hopes to own and operate his own...