Police Beat April 13

Gerald Maib for The Easterner

Gerald Maib for The Easterner

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Identity Theft
April 4

A male student reported that his wallet was stolen while his car was parked in Lot 16 during the hours of 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. In his wallet, he had his driver’s license, social security card and debit card. The student noticed a charge on his card for $25 at a Zip Trip in Spokane. He filed a report to the Social Security Agency and canceled his debit card.

Hit and Run
April 4

A student had his car parked in Lot 16 on 9:30 p.m. When he returned at 3:30 p.m. the next day, he found $1,000 worth of damage on the front left part of his vehicle. Officers reviewed the cameras near the lot but could not see anything. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Alcohol Offense
April 6

As officers were waiting on the first floor of Pearce Hall while a fire alarm went off, the fire department found an intoxicated male student on the ninth floor. The student declined a breathalyzer test and was charged with a MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Driving While License Suspended
April 6

As an officer was following a vehicle going southbound on Washington Street, he noticed the vehicle made a left turn without yielding, causing oncoming traffic to honk. The officer made a stop on the vehicle and found that the driver’s license to be suspended. The driver was cited to Cheney Municipal Court.

Suspicious Circumstances
April 6

A female student received a text message from a person who said her previous boyfriend obtained social security numbers and other information from her vehicle. Officers wrote an informative report and advised her to get in contact with the Social Security Agency.

Alcohol Offense
April 6

CAs in Dressler Hall reported a possible liquor violation. When officers responded, eight students were already in the hallway, along with a bottle of alcohol and empty beer cans. The CAs found out about the students drinking from a Snapchat video that showed one of the students “shotgunning” a beer. Two of the students were found to be sober with a .000 blood alcohol level, but one of those two students were accused by the other seven to have purchased the alcohol. This female student is under investigation; she said they went through someone, who has a fake ID, to purchase the alcohol. Six of the students were arrested with MIPs and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Alcohol and Drug Offense
April 6

Officers received a call from CAs in Streeter Hall because they smelled an odor of marijuana. When officers made contact, no one answered the door. Officers called the female resident, who then returned to the room and consented to a search. Officers found marijuana, fireworks, a pipe, two fifths of vodka and a bottle of wine. She was arrested for a MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Alcohol Offense
April 7

Around 10:30 p.m. officers were advised of a possible liquor violation on the third floor of Pearce Hall. When officers made contact, the male student gave consent to search. Officers found a Four Loko in the refrigerator that the student said he forgot about. The student was charged with a MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Stalking
April 7

At 10 p.m. in Pearce Hall, officers received a call regarding harassment. The victim was a female student who reported a male student for underage drinking, which she said was the reason for the harassment. The male kicked the female’s room door open as he walked by and said things to her, she reported. The male was arrested for stalking and was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Alcohol Offense
April 8

CAs reported a possible liquor violation on the fourth floor of Snyamncut Hall. Officers made contact and three students were found intoxicated. One student was arrested for a MIP and the other two students were arrested for supplying liquor to a minor.

Alcohol Offense
April 9

Officers were exiting an elevator in Dressler Hall when they noticed a female in the lobby stumbling and smelling strongly of alcohol. The officers made contact and the student told them she was fine. She then proceeded to vomit in a recycling bin. Her blood alcohol level was .153 and she was arrested for a MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Drug Violation
April 9

Officers were called to the lobby of Dressler Hall when CAs smelled an odor of marijuana. When officers arrived to the scene, there were four people in the lobby. A nonstudent juvenile ended up having marijuana and was referred to juvenile court.