Editors Picks Issue 12

Ian Bouchard

Movie: Silence

“Silence” is a historical drama released in theaters Dec. 23, 2016. The movie takes place in the Edo period of Japanese history when the government decreed a complete ban of Christianity. Two missionaries are sent on a journey to find their mentor who has gone missing. As they travel through the countryside they must remain hidden, fearing the terrors they may face if they are ever to be discovered. The film immerses you in their world as you watch the trials and tribulations these missionaries have to struggle through in order to not only survive, but stay true to their beliefs. If you want a movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat, this is it.

Gerald Maib

Activity: Scuba

Since attending EWU, I have had few activities that I can have a good time in, scuba diving being one of them. As well as having a good time, scuba diving allows you to join a strong, responsible community that teaches you how to explore and respect a whole new world under the waves. Jake Powlison from Jakes Scuba Adventures teach the course. If you want to start up something new and exciting for the new year then consider Scuba this spring quarter.

Erin Rebar

Game: Lord of the Rings Online

I’ll be honest, I’m not big into video games of any type. Despite that, Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) is a gem. A large part of this could be because I am so in love with the books and this game really does it justice. LOTRO is an online role playing game that allows you to create a character based off of several of Tolkien’s races and free roam his entire universe while playing with other players from around the world. The gamers out there will appreciate this game for its engaging combat and storyline. The Lord of the Rings fans, like me, will relish the ability to explore often dreamt of lands like Rivendell, the Shire and Gondor.